A dense hedge is the best privacy protection for the property. However, your hedge needs a regular cut for this.
If the hedge is to become dense, then it should be trimmed regularly at the cutting times.
Die Hedge: for some it is the green ribbon along its own property, for others perhaps an indispensable protection against unwanted glances. Well, anyway, hedging is given high priority. After all, the garden hedge should grow nicely green and dense and remain in shape.
We would like to inform you about how and when to cut your hedge best.
Maintenance and shape cutting
The hedge trimming fulfills two essential aspects. On the one hand, dried out and dead shoots should be removed and the new budding be promoted quickly. On the other hand, the hedge should emphasize its aesthetic form. Both conservation and shape cutting are done at different times.
Preservation Cut in Spring
There is no danger of disturbing overwintering animals or brooding birds. Check the bush for animals before cutting.
- Cut your hedge in early spring to promote a quick and dense shootout of its leafy enclosure.
- Too At this point, temperatures should be well above freezing.
- Cut your hedges on days more cloudy. Avoid absolutely blazing sunshine.
Shape cut in June / July
In recent weeks after the conservation cut, the new shoots have developed vigorously and spread out. At the end of June / beginning of July, the hedge will stop its revival as far as possible. Since the spring cut, the shoots have developed different degrees and thus also the hedge visibly out of shape. Now it’s supposed to be shaped.
The perfect hedge will be trapezoidally cut. That is, their base is kept wider while tapering upwards. Thus, the sunlight also reaches the lower parts of the hedge.
- The shape cut is indispensable. It has a long-lasting effect on the silhouette.
- This cut should be made by the end of August at the latest, otherwise the new shoots will not mature until the first frost.
- Should you still be wasting this appointment wait until the end of October / beginning of November. Now the hedge is in a quiet of vegetation. If it does not freeze, then you can catch up with the topiary carefree.
Hedges of Early Flowering Shrubs
Not insignificant is the number of hedges of early flowering shrubs. Their pruning takes place only when their flowers are over. Her buds have created the flowering shrubs in the previous year. However, if you still cut these hedges early in the spring, you are depriving yourself of the abundance of blossoms because you fall victim to the buds that were about to open.
For example, what flowering shrubs are part of it?
- Scented jasmine and others
Conclusion: For a dense visual protection you have to cut your hedge at least twice a year. Thus, the shoots of the hedge is strengthened from the inside. Cut your hedge trapezoidal in summer, so that you get sunlight down to the lower plant parts. A special position is occupied by early blooming hedge shrubs. The spring cut is made after flowering.